Wednesday, July 1, 2009

All Aboard the Birthday Express!!!

Samuel turned 3!!! He has been practicing for his birthday since he turned 2 singing happy birthday and pretending to blow out candles almost every day. He was ecstatic when the day actually came. He had a Thomas the Train party with his friends last weekend and then a family party on Monday. He had so much fun with all of his friends and I had so much fun getting everything ready for him...it's the best doing fun things for your kids that get them all excited. To the left is the cupcake cake from the store that he absolutely LOVED! Below is the cake that I (and Tim) labored over all Sunday night. Not quite as neat as cake #1 but a lot of love went into it and it was so much fun to do!













The pinata was a HUGE success and a MUST for future parties!

I just can't believe that my boy is already 3. He is such a fun loving little guy and we have a great time together. He has learned so much this year and is getting really excited to start pre-school in the fall. He is such a great big brother to Grant and him and Lillie have so much fun runngin around together. We love you Samuel! You bring so muc happiness to our family! Happy Birthday Buddy!
Love,
Mom
Alright, this is the 1st time Samuel looked at the cake. He stared at it in complete silence for about 10 seconds then looked at me and said "WOW" all slow and amazed like. Okay. That totally made all the effort worth it. I think we spent an extra $50 on our energy bill for how often he opened the refirgerator to look at that day. It warms my heart!






3 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had some fun Birthdays going on. Happy b-day to Samuel and Tim. Good job on the cake. That's cute how much he loved it. That would make a mother happy for all she did to make it, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the name of that preschool you take your kids to? I remember you telling me about it at Leah's baby shower but don't remember the name and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Samuel had a great birthday. Don't you just love this age?

    ReplyDelete