In June we traveled to Utah as a family to attend the funeral of our Aunt Barbara Whaley. Below is pictured one of the notes that came with flowers from one of her current students. I thought it captured so perfectly who Aunt Barbara was for so many of us. Whether she was you sister, aunt, neighbor, or friend, she taught every moment of her life. Aunt Barbara was an important person in my life. I've known her for 11 years now and she was there for most of the major decisions that I made in my adult life. She knew Tim and I when we were still "just friends", and she always welcomed me in to her Barrington Park condo when I was in Salt Lake for the weekend. I always left with a book or two in hand to read until the next time I came down from Idaho. She made the effort to be there for us whenever I or later, we needed her. I love you so much Aunt Barbara. You are greatly missed, but I will always remember the many lessons that you taught and all the love you gave. You have truly been an excellent example of the Christ-like life we should lead and I feel blessed to have been one of the lucky ones to have known you.
Sunday, June 27, 2010
I Love You As My Teacher.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment