Tonight I took Samuel out on a date to Chuck E Cheese and we had a blast! The coolest part was at the end. We had already been there for 2 1/2 hours and were ready to go but we had lost 2 tokens in a game and asked an employee if we could have them returned. He asked us which game and we steered him in the correct direction. Well, he opened the game up, reset it, and proceeded to started dropping balls into the largest tickets holes. The machine starts spitting out tickets and he tells Samuel that they are all for him! Samuel could not believe it, he was so excited! We go to put them in the ticket muncher and there are 756 tickets in all! That kid has never had more than maybe 80 in any visit and he was just beside himself. We got pics of the tickets and all of his loot, unfortunately they are all on my junkie cell phone and I have no idea how to get them off. I'll have to ask Tim in the morning and see what he can do. And then on the way home Samuel was telling me that he knew our address. Very seriously he said, "We live at 7714 Alver-Street Highway". Too cute!
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Mom's Table Project and Mom and Samuel's Date
So, the last two weeks have been filled with 2 things. DIY projects and a sick little Grant. I decided to re-finish my kitchen table. That's a project that's been looming over me for 5 years now! I saved all the $ for a new one then when I went to the store I thought, well, that's a nice table and I thought I liked it but it seems so boring to just have a brand new table. I'd rather just re-do one myself! It's been a lot of work already and I'm smack dab in the middle of it, but it will get done and it's already turning out rather nice. Unfortunately I picked the worst time of the year to do this. I got all excited about, bought some sandpaper and borrowed my friend Ashley's power sander. Then we got the worst cold spell in years and the temperatures plummeted to 18 degrees with a wind chill of 5. I was not to be deterred. While everyone else was inside reading and baking I spent 2 days out in my front yard becoming very good friends with the sander and my table. I was on a roll. Then poor Grant got sick and stayed that way for a week. Frankly I was tired of sanding and needed a break and it was too cold anyway to paint. The weather finally took a turn for the better and warmed up to the 60's yesterday and today so I finished the final sanding on Thursday and hauled my table over to Ashley's house on Friday. We spent the better part of the last 2 days with her paint sprayer and a bottle of mineral spirits. The table is looking good but we still have 2 more coats to go and then I need to stain the top. I'll be posting pics in a later family blog. Now for the chairs, those are a completely different issue. I plan to get them done soon but they are truly a thorn in my side. The legs on them are just so decorative and will be extremely difficult to sand and paint....So, we'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment