Well, there were no fireworks here. San Antonio and surrounding areas are going through such a severe drought right now that the burn bans even extended to proffessional fireworks shows. Diss-a-point-ing. But.... we still had a great time. We celebrated with our good friends the Easton's and our new friends the Calta's at the lake. We enjoyed lots of yummy food, friends, and tubing behind the ski boat. Enjoyed the 4th very much this year and as always, I feel so grateful to live in a country that allows me to worship as I choose and do as I please...mostly. Here are pics:
My contribution to dinner a.k.a. Audrey's most best favorite salsa

Yum. I can eat only this for dinner and be satisfied.

So, these pics aren't super great but I do want to preserve the memories. So you will have to rely on my desripctions to know who's behind the boat.
Tim and Audrey
Mike got pretty crazy. Crazy enough to be fun for me without throwing me off the tube.

Samuel and our friend Madison

Audrey and Grant. Grant loved being on the boat and kept pointing back to Tim and saying "gook" (look) to make sure I was looking too.

Here is Lillie with our friends Michelle and Kris. I was so proud of her for wanting to ride. She got bounced around a ton and almost flew off a couple of times but she was still dissappointed when it was time to come in.

And here are the boys: Tim and Kris. Mike did not go easy on them. They flew off quite a few times and loved every minute. And Mike was satisfied.

In the water

Man Overboard! Madison was a good flag holder.

Grant WOULD NOT get in the lake

Samuel did get in the lake however and I was very impressed. When we first got there he was scared. He didn't want to jump in because the water level was a lot lower than normal so from deck to water it was a good 3 foot drop. But by the end of the afternoon he was jumping in with the rest of them. Samuel has really made some great progress with his swimming this summer.

And Lillie our little fish. This was the best shot I could get of her as she kept dodging the camera. She was pretty mad that I made her wear a life jacket. We kept telling her "we know you can swim, but if you go under for some reason we won't be able to see where you went and we will
never find you." She wasn't buying it. She did manage to have fun though with only small moments of poutiness.

Fun day! We thought about you a lot today Brian and as always you are in our thoughts and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment