Thursday, August 16, 2012

Swimming Lessons 2012

For the month of May the kids took swimming lessons at our local Y. It was a first for all of them. 
For Lillie who is a natural fish in the water and has basically taught herself to swim it served to refine her skills and she is now awesome in the water! She can go to the deep end by herself now and swim around for hours without me having to worry. I am so proud of her! 
For Samuel and Grant it really helped to alleviate their fears of the water. 
Samuel will now jump into the deep end as long as I am there to catch him. He swims underneath the water like a pro. He completely has the skills to take of himself in the deep end now he just needs to build up his confidence!
Grant did amazingly well with his lessons and really grew to trust his teacher. Before his lessons I couldn't get him to go into the pool unless he was in a life jacket and clinging to me with all four limbs. After his first lesson her learned to trust his life jacket and now paddles around the pool with the best of them! He is also comfortable now with water going on his head and will go off the slide into the deep end as long as I am there to catch him. 
I'm so proud of you guys!



So in Samuel's class there was a little girl there that was smitten with him! After the lessons the kids would go to the splash park right next to the pool. On the last day of lessons this little girl runs up and grabs Samuel's hand and drags him around for about 15 minutes. There was even a point where she forced his hand to her hip and held on to the other one and tried to teach him to dance with her. The entire time he kind of followed her around in a daze. He had an attitude that said "um, I don't really know what's going on here. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I guess I'll just let this girl drag me around. What is happening to me!?!" When she left he stood in the same spot and stared into space for a minute or two. He seemed so confused by what had happened poor little guy! 


Here you can see Grant coming to the rescue. He kept poking Samuel and saying "hey, what wrong?" until Samuel broke out of his daze. Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment