Sunday, November 10, 2013

Time Our For Women


Last weekend my mom and I took a weekend trip up to San Marcos to attend Time Out For Women. We had such a fabulous time!!!

It was awesome to spend some mom/daughter time together. We headed up early afternoon on Friday to get settled into our hotel. About an hour before the event we decided we would need some snacks to get us through. We headed out in search of an HEB.....and slammed right into I-35 rush hour traffic. We spent about 30 minutes on the access road just getting to the next exit. This is where we decided a Valero station would have to suffice. We picked out our snack: nuts and ice cream. We got back to the hotel just in the nick of time for the opening presentation. Once we got our seats I back to the lobby in search of some gum. What do you know, I found their little coffee shop. Full of snacks. Including nuts, and ice cream. :)

Here's Justin Cash
I really wish I had gotten pics of all of the presenters. Some of the ones I remember are Virginia H. Pearce, Kris Belcher, Mercy River, D. Kelly Ogden, Mary Ellen Edmunds, Richie Nornton, and T.C. Christensen. They were all excellent! I especially enjoyed Kris Belcher, Virginia Pearce, and Mary Ellen Edmunds.

Mom with her massive "sandwich"
After the evening event we found our HEB where mom purchased yummy bread and cheese to get us through the night. 

The next day...

 Conked out in the hotel lobby in between sessions.
Too bad we had already checked out of our room!

 Fun little booth they had set up to snap some pics:
TOFW was totally fun and quite spiritually uplifting. We saw tons of people that we knew which was great and we had an all around wonderful time together. 
Bonus: the San Marcos outlets were right next door so we enjoyed a Saturday afternoon of shopping and found some great deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment