Sunday, November 22, 2015

YW Foam Glow 5k

     Sister Vicki Friedburg organized our group to run in the SA Foam Glow 5k. We bought our tickets about 7 months in advance. When we got there we had enough time to park and get in a food truck line and order (but not get our food) before the cloudy skies let loose. We had a torrential downpour on our hands! I gave my keys to Vicki and she ran most of the girls to my van to wait it out. But Lindsey and I had not gotten our food yet and we were NOT leaving that food truck without our tacos al pastor! We huddled under the tiniest ( I mean like 1x2 size) awning of the food truck and once we got our tacos we ran as fast as we could through the parking lot with our food stuff under our shirts. We must protect the food!!!! The rain was ridiculous. I mean, it was coming in sheets at us. We made it to the van completely drenched (but the tacos were dry!) ate our food and waited out the rain. Luckily it stopped in time for the run not to be canceled. It was freezing at first but once we started to run being drenched actually worked out well! 

As we arrived...
Riley Rudin, Anne Turner, Lindsey Slaughter, Bree Brunson, & Vicki Friedburg

Dancing in the glowing foam!
With - Lindsey, Anne, Riley
Hannah Tilton, Bri Mellen, Bree, Myriam Mellen, & I

These YW know how to PARTY!
(Hannah, Anne, and Bri)


Myriam and I - I love this lady!

 And we're all finished!
I had told everyone that I was going to walk the entire time but then Bree and Lindsey took off in a run and I didn't want them to get lost in the crowd. So I stayed at a run and recognized quickly two things: 1-I am in no where near the shape I was in a year and a half ago and 2- I'm not in nearly as bad of shape as I thought I was! Thank you Bree and Lindsey for cheering me on!


What an amazing night. I love all of you girls so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment