Sunday, January 23, 2011

L and S

So, GREAT kid stories today:
Samuel: He is such a sweetie. A really thoughtful boy. Today in primary he walked right up and introduced himself to a girl in class. Including last year she has never been able to come in to primary. She sets outside in the hall with her mom and cries. So S walks right up to her today with out any prompting and says "Hi, my name is Samuel, what's your name?" Then he sets by her and makes sure to be her friend for all of sharing time and class. When I dropped the roll off to his teacher he was like "mom, this is my new friend Kayla!" Then after church he talked about her. It was too sweet.
Samuel: This week S has been talking all about gum balls. In his CTR 4 class his teachers (Krista Adams and Birdy Evans) told them they would bring gum balls for them this week if they were good. All this morning he was like "do you think they'll bring the gum balls? What if they forget the gum balls?" I just kept telling him that we would have to see. Well when we got to primary he spied the gum balls in his teacher's bag and he was stoked. When I picked him up from class he very proudly showed me his red gum ball. I reminded him to go back and pick up his papers to bring home so he goes back in to the classroom. Meanwhile Lillie is like, I want a gum ball too! I tell her that she has gotten things from her teachers for the previous two weeks and you can't get something every week. Well S comes back out of the classroom and is holding a pink gum ball for L! He didn't even know she was asking for one...he asked his teacher politely if she could have one too and he even made the effort to pick out her favorite color! He is doing things like that all the time now. What a sweetheart!

Lillie: So L has been super helpful lately which has been very nice but it's also just cute and cool to watch her grow up. Today while T and I were taking a nap G woke up, had a poopy diaper and she changed it! Dude, he's almost 2 years old! I was a little nervous when I heard about it but when I went to check the bedroom there was no poop anywhere... phew! She even put his diaper on correctly. Way to go!
Lillie: So I go through L's homework folder each weekend and sign off that I saw it all. In it she had a snowman story where she filled in the blanks. This is how it went:
One winter day I went outside and built a person made of snow. It became a magic snowperson when I placed a hat on it. This is what happened. It followed me inside. I did not like it.
Hilarious Lillie! I totally loved it. T and I (and I'm sure Mrs. Chasteen too) got a big kick out of it. Because seriously, frosty the snowman seems cool but when you really think about it, if a snowman came to life and followed you around it'd be pretty freaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment