Samuel gave the prayer today in primary. I had forgotten that I had assigned it to him and I was out of the room for it. Too bad because apparently it was the best prayer in primary since any of us can remember. Samuel is a prayer storyteller and generally goes on and on though it is very cute. Well I guess he did just that today in opening exercises. Thanking Heavenly Father that he was in CTR 4 because it was so cool, and that his teachers brought gumballs, and when the gumball jar was all full they would get to have popcorn party. Too cute! I guess all the leaders were trying to contain their laughter but Samuel never noticed. He did his job then climbed down from the podium and very proudly walked back to the super coolness that is the CTR 4 class row.
Samuel has also been really developing lately. He is learning tons of numbers and is getting all of the letters and their matching sounds down. All day you can hear him either counting to 100 or saying something like "ball starts with B - buh, buh, buh, B". It's amazing how quickly these kids pick stuff up from such a small amount of time spent teaching them.
In other Sunday evening news, we had a close call with Maggie tonight. We were on a family walk when she starting barking at a dog across the street. Lillie was holding on to the leash and before an adult could grab her Maggie broke free from Lillie and darted in to the street. Of course there was a huge TX size truck barreling down the road. Maggie shot straight in to the street heading right for the truck's front wheels. I just turned and closed my eyes and was like "no,no,no,no,no!" I thought for sure she was dead. There was just no way for it to turn out OK. When I didn't hear a thump I turned around and I guess Maggie had put the brakes on just in time and the truck swerved in to the opposite side of the street's front yard. Oh, it was so terrible! I still feel all knotted up in my stomach. I'm glad she's OK. I'm not sure what the kids would have done but they would have been devastated.
No comments:
Post a Comment