Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Surprise Hooky...

The 2016 Presidential Election (Clinton vs. Trump) has been.....contentious.....heated....nation dividing....and a ridiculous display of childishness to say the least. The early voting polls (while fine for the most part) made the news with stories of violence breaking out as voters in hours long lines broke out in fights. And my kiddos elementary school is a voting location. And the line to get in goes like, 2 centimeters from my kids walking in a line to the cafeteria. While I knew the odds were in my favor that nothing bad was going to happen I didn't want to take any chances. Thus I planned a day of hooky for the two boys (unbeknownst to them).
We got ready for the day - as normal. Dropped Lillie off first - which was not normal. (I made up some excuse about needing to go into the elem. school and not wanting to make her wait.) Once I dropped Lillie off I turned around to the boys and said: "guess what?! You're not going to school today! I'm letting you stay home and we're gonna have fun all day + go to Chuck E. Cheese!" In case you couldn't picture their reaction a photo is posted below:


They even got to play H-E-Buddy bucks on a trip to the grocery store!

Another bonus: turns out Tuesdays at Chuck E. Cheese are half price so they got to play twice as many games!
The day was a total blast and totally worth it! I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment