From 8/17/17-9/3/17 South East Texas was hit with the costliest Hurricane (Harvey), inflicting $125 billion in damages. It hit landfall in Rockport and Aransas Pass, TX and hovered over Houston for days causing catastrophic rainfall. There were 107 deaths in total.
All of the stakes in the area went down for several weekends in a row to help with the cleanup effort. The devastation was terrible to see. It was all so overwhelming and terribly sad to see all of these people with their homes completely destroyed. Despite the terribleness of the situation, there was a lot of hope and love. It was a humbling experience to be able to help clean up and talk with some of the people and just listen to their experience.
Tim and I alternated weekends and when I went down I traveled with Adalie and Jen Sikora.
We had a lot of fun together and were bone tired by the end of the day.




No comments:
Post a Comment