Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We had a great day but missed all the family that we didn't get to see. My (Audrey's) parents and sister Allison came over and we enjoyed a magnificent dinner prepared by yours truly, Pat a.k.a. the master of the kitchen, aaaaand (cough, cough) Rudy's BBQ. Seriously, they make the best smoked turkey. This was Grant's first T-Giving and while he slept for most of the day he was kind enough to make an appearance at dinner where he enjoyed his feast of green beens, sweet potatoes, and Gerber cereal puffs. Yum! We had a really fantastic day and I know that we have so much to be thankful for. I am above all grateful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know without it I would not have the joy and fulfillment that I do. I love myhusband and children and I am so grateful for our good health, and strong relationships. Also, it's totally awesome that Tim has a job, and I can stay home with the rascals. In times like these I know that is an especially fantastic blessing. And I can't forget this great big huge awesome family that I am a part of! I love all you guys so much and I just feel so blessed that we can share our lives together! I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and we can't wait to see you all at Christmas!
Below are pics, and again, I can't move them around (blogger, or possibly my computer is/are dumb) so while I am probably the only anal person who cares that they are not in order, I just have to make a note to let you all know that it bugs me. Enjoy!



Thank you for the gorgeous flowers Harry and Dianne. They made a beautiful centerpiece!

The master slicing the succulent, smoked, breast of Turkey. And yes, we had the gigando bottle of sauce to go with it.

This is sadly how Lillie and Samuel spent a lot of the morning. Just can't get enough of the ipod touch! (For historical purposes I would like to note that these do not belong to them.)

Grandad and Lil'Star
Mom Burwell and Audrey preparing the feast. I would also like to take this moment to give a shout out to Tim and Dad Burwell who cleaned up the entire messy kitchen without any prompting from the ladies!

I love food!

And lastly, this was a pre-thanksgiving bake project with Aunt Allison and the kiddos. We had a lot of fun making them and even more fun eating them!

No comments:

Post a Comment