Sunday, November 7, 2010

Maggie

So getting an animal has been a topic discussed on and off for the last year or so. We tried Matilda the cat this summer and that lasted for about 5 seconds. So we decided to try the dog route. We waited until Uncle Jason came to visit for his vet conference in September and he helped us pick out a good fit for our family. Thanks for all your advice and time Jason! I swear, I was like a 1st time mom when we brought this girl home and I had my own personal in-house doctor! Sorry for all the dumb questions bro. but you gave me much peace of mind.
So without further ado, here she is in all of her furry glory:
The kids absolutely adore her which is good because they are why we got her in the first place.
We named her Maggie and have since had her shaved down to the naked version. She came to us with a lot of sticker burs and her hair was all matted. She we decided to start over. She looked pretty, um, gross... yeah, that's an accurate word.... when we got her back from the groomers. I don't think we realized that 11 pounds equated to such a skinny dog under all that hair! But thankfully it's growing back. She's a shih tzu that's about 1 yr old. My dog loving friend has had a couple of shih tzu's and says their super duper long hair comes in at about 2 to 3 years old. Hmmm... not really what I signed up for, but oh well. With Maggie we just take things one day at a time. She's pretty good if you can get past the chewed up toys, shoes, holes in the backyard, and barking at strangers. We have her enrolled to begin obedience school this week so wish Tim the master trainer good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment