Monday, May 28, 2012

Easter Season 2012

This Easter sort of crept up on us. I don't like to do all the egg coloring and hunting on Easter because frankly I don't see how any of that ties to the holiday whatsoever. 
Here, we made Resurrection Rolls the night before Easter. They were pretty cool. You wrap a marshmallow dipped in melted butter, cinnamon, and sugar them wrap it in a crescent roll. You leave a small opening in the roll and them bake them. When their done the roll has melted and you have an empty tomb. We used it as our FHE lesson to teach the kids about the real meaning of Easter. They thought it was pretty cool and those rolls were dang tasty!
 Here we are coloring eggs the day after Easter I believe. I think we might have eaten them right away. Boiled eggs taste so much better when they are warm; why wait?
 The Easter Bunny decided not to leave too much candy this year. He's noticed that the Doolittle children have much better behavior when their sugar level is seriously decreased. So here are the boys playing with their Easter basket bubbles. I think the baskets full of toys were the enjoyed more and for a longer time than the candy baskets ever were. 
 The monday following Easter we had an FHE egg hunt. Grammy and Grandad came to hide the eggs and hide them they did! It took the kids about 15 minutes to hunt down all the eggs and they had a blast!



Happy Easter Activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment