Refinishing furniture is one of my favorite hobbies. Lillie got some of my furniture from when I was a little girl and had this dresser to get rid of. Unfortunately I did not take any before and after pics. Picture a 23 year old white dresser with 80's flower decorations and brass hardware. I made it boy for my 2 big guys. They loved that I was painting this for them. They loved even more when I went to Hobby Lobby and bought colorful handles for it. But what they loved the most was filling it with their clothes and organizing all of their Hot Wheels and wooden models on the top. Have fun boys! And please don't climb on top of it to see out of the window. It will fall over. You will break something on your body.
At the same time I was painting the dresser I re-did these end tables. I found them as a dumpster dive. What was even more awesome is that they were bare wood so I could do anything I wanted with them. They each had a corner that had been chewed up by a cat or dog but hey, that just adds to the character! I didn't want to spend any money so I just used whatever paint supplies we had in the garage. They now sit on either side of our desk and have helped to clear up lots of space around the computer. I love it when people get rid of perfectly good stuff that I can use!
No comments:
Post a Comment