Monday, May 28, 2012

Grant's Trip to the Dino Museum and Potty Training

Grant likes Dinosaurs. A lot. So when I found a good groupon for a dinosaur museum my friend and I bought tickets and took our boys out for a morning of fun... or so we thought. They hated the place! It was dark and loud and poorly done and they were absolutely freaked out about the entire thing! We spent about 15 minutes trying to get them to like it until we finally gave up. They only posed for these pictures because we were on the way out and they could see the front. Oh well, I guess every date can't be a winner!
 Grant and Kelton posing with their "favorite" dinosaur:
 The museum was really a store in the mall. So afterward we killed some time in the play area then took them to lunch. I think the boys were satisfied. 

Potty Training
In other more awesome news, Grant is now potty trained! The kid has been ready for about 8 months now. But when it comes to developmental things in parenting I like to take the path of least resistance. I'm sure that I could have had him potty trained about 6 months ago if we had given two months of our lives away to stress and irritation. But I decided that $150 worth of diapers and wipes was worth it. We gave unsuccessful tries here and there but none of them stuck. The kid is just so stubborn! (I'm sure that he doesn't get that from Tim at all...) He would go a day or two with a dry diaper choosing to go potty all the time. Then we'd try underwear and it would be nothing but accidents for two days straight. So back into diapers he'd go. Finally, 2 Sundays ago I said "Grant, tomorrow is your last day in diapers. It's underwear after that." I had it in my head that I would give it 2 weeks. I was willing to clean up 2 weeks worth of wet and dirty clothing and carpet hoping that in that time he'd realize that he didn't like being wet. Well, I didn't have to do it. I don't know why it happened to click, but it did. We started underwear on Tuesday May 15th. He had one accident a day for the first three days. After that he has been completely dry. We started going out immediately with a 2 hour trip to the gym on the first day and so far he has had zero accidents while out of the house. What's even better is that a few days into the entire thing he started being dry at night too! I have never had such an easy "training" experience I tell you! I am so glad that I waited. 
Good job Grant! We are so proud of you and we love to see how proud you are of yourself in your big boy underwear!

No comments:

Post a Comment