Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Day The Tree Came Down...

     Our foliage was in bad need of some trimming and while the workers were trimming stuff away Tim and I finally made the decision to get rid of a pesky tree in our front yard. It grows to close to our foundation and literally thousands of baby oak saplings shoot up from it's roots. Tim has wanted to be rid of it for nearly three years now. On the other hand it's a fully mature oak that provides beauty and shade to our home. So I've been the one holding up this process. But it was finally decided that it really should come down. I had such a hard time watching it happen. The kids on the other hand (especially the boys) loved watching all the men with their big tools cutting huge branches off of trees and taking an entire tree down top to bottom. Isaac was especially enthralled. He normally goes to bed around 6 but there was no way I could tear him away from this.



Seriously I cannot imagine climbing this high in a tree and then using a chain saw to cut above my head. I hope this dude has a good life insurance policy.


I was so sad the entire time they were taking this tree down and even teared up a but. But once it was said and done I had to admit that it actually looked much nicer and the space provided some better sun to two crepe myrtles that needed it. Now to get the stump gone and to see if those darn saplings will stop coming up

No comments:

Post a Comment