Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that your day was beautiful. We are so blessed to be surrounded by so much love during this wonderful time of year. We were especially grateful to be able to celebrate with Grant this year, it being his 1st Christmas. We are so blessed to have him in our family! I am so grateful for the season each year were it is a little bit easier to feel the Spirit of Christ and meditate on our feelings for the marvelous gift from our Heavenly Father of the Savior of the World.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Christmas in Cali
This year our family traveled to California for a much anticipated vacation with the Doolittle side of the family. We'd been planning it since July and L and S asked about it every....single.....day. Multiple times. So, we were very glad on many levels when the time actually came! The traveling part went pretty well. There was one hiccup at the airport on the way out where the plane was delayed and we spent 4 hours in the the airport. However, everyone did great. The airport was dead and our gate was directly across from a store so L and S wandered between there, the bathroom, and our seats with no complaining. And poor G was so tired but Dad walked him up and down the terminal for about three hours and that kept him calm. Luckily it was a straight, non-full flight. So L and S watched movies with me and Tim got G to sleep. (Huge miracle!) But we made it. Then we had to encounter the 2 hour time difference, which we anticipated, however, it still majorly sucked. The kids were up at 4:30 every morning for the first week so we were pretty pooped. But they worked the kinks out eventually. We had such a great time with Grandma and Grandpa. And Uncle Brian, Uncle Jason, and Aunt Becca were all able to come too so we had such a great time. (We missed you Barnes Family!) I'm breaking this in to multiple posts b/c there are too many pictures and I don't do smilebox or anything b/c I like to turn these in to blog books. Any way, here goes.....
Here's Lillie spreading the reindeer mix to lure them to our home and keep them occupied whilst Santa delivers the goods....
Lillie again, modeling her new Hello Kitty Christmas Eve pj's....
Good morning and Merry Christmas! It's about 6:45 here. I had been trying to hold them off in their bedrooms with snacks to let everyone sleep until a somewhat decent hour, but apparently I woke Harry when I was getting go-gurts from the kitchen and he barreled through the house and roused everyone out of bed! I thought it was funny, but I was also super glad that he was as excited as I was!
To Samuel: From: Santa - One "Spinning Thomas" This kid was stoked!
To: Lillie From: Santa - Girly Digital Camera - She's really good at taking pictures too!
To:Grant From: Santa - Rolling Animal Train. There are more animals that attach to the back and when you push the parrot it rolls on it's own. Grant loves it!
Uncle Brian gave the kiddos the attachable animals and I just thought this was so funny! He never noticed nor cared that this was attached to him!
Yeah! Treats for the kids! Merry Christmas Becca and Jason!
Thank you for the pj's G-ma and G-pa.... and wake up Uncle Brian, you're missing all the fun!
Light up Little Einstien toy from mom and dad. I love how his attention is so rapt.
Lillie also got makeup and a makeup case from mom and dad. Despite the fact that every present she got she actually asked for and wanted, this was the only thing that she really smiled and was excited about when she opened.
Merry Christmas Grandma and Grandpa! We hope you like the calendar!
Chillin' with Uncle Jason on my first Christmas morning.
I love you Grandpa
This has provided hours of play for Samuel already. It makes a lot of noise and unfortunately it served as a wake up alarm for the back part of the house unbeknownst to Samuel and us.... Sorry guys!
The boys, checking out their Christmas toys.
Grandma and Grandpa put a t.v. in Lillie and Samuel's room which they of course thought was great! Here they are watching either Hero of the Rails, or Barbie and the Christmas Carol.
The whole family enjoying Uncle Jason's new panini maker. Dang! Those were a couple of weeks of great sandwiches!
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that your day was beautiful. We are so blessed to be surrounded by so much love during this wonderful time of year. We were especially grateful to be able to celebrate with Grant this year, it being his 1st Christmas. We are so blessed to have him in our family! I am so grateful for the season each year were it is a little bit easier to feel the Spirit of Christ and meditate on our feelings for the marvelous gift from our Heavenly Father of the Savior of the World.
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that your day was beautiful. We are so blessed to be surrounded by so much love during this wonderful time of year. We were especially grateful to be able to celebrate with Grant this year, it being his 1st Christmas. We are so blessed to have him in our family! I am so grateful for the season each year were it is a little bit easier to feel the Spirit of Christ and meditate on our feelings for the marvelous gift from our Heavenly Father of the Savior of the World.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment