Wednesday, January 6, 2010

San Francisco

Going to San Francisco was my most anticipated "tourist day" of the trip. It is one of my all time favorite cities and I hadn't been back since Tim and I were married. It was superbly cold, but everyone handled it really well! It was just busy enough to be exciting without having to worry too much about the kids.
In front of the Huge Tree and the head of Pier 39
I love you Grandma! Grant had such a great time with Dianne over the holidays. She took such great care of him many times while Tim and I took the kids places and they formed such a sweet bond! Here they're waiting while L and S are on the carousel.
Pier 39 carousel. Lillie had been telling Samuel about this since she rode it in June and they were both excited to ride. And luckily the 2nd level was open this time!

Lillie giving a dollar to the street perfomer. She was pretty nervous to do this so I was proud of her for getting up her nerve.
Samuel, now done with his street vendor corndog (best corndog ever! I swear!) delighted the birds with some of daddy's sourdough bread bowl.
Samuel with one of the MUNI cars. These were really awesome restored cable cars and even better, they were free. This was the best picture I could get of Samuel since he was in a somewhat grumpy mood at this point in the day. He had fun riding though!
Everyone, miuns me! at Pier 39.

Where did all the Sea Lions go? A few days after Thanksgiving the famous SF sea lions took off in droves. No one knows where they went or if they'll be back. Dissapointing, yes. But there were three that we were able to look at. And luckily SF holds all sorts of other awesome stuff for us to do.

Ghiradelli square, yum! We had promised the kids chocolate and they happened to be giving out free samples of peppermint bark... somehow the kids were satisfied with that and didn't seem to expect anything else... I love it when that happens!
Grant with some great SF background. He spent practically his whole day in the stroller and barely complained...what a sweetie!
Who doesn't want ice-cream when it's 30 degrees and windy?
Best Mother-in-Law ever!
Good Night. Grant finally crashed around 4pm when Grandma and Grandpa (who were on baby duty) bought him an SF hoodie to cuddle with. Nice and toasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment